6 Predictions Content Marketing Ideas for 2017
A lot of business owners are thinking what the year 2017 brings for their business. Therefore, they are thinking marketing strategy that attracts both old and new customers to their business. The question now is: What are the trendy ideas that will work in attracting and engaging to customers to turn to leads and buyer customers?
What is Marketing? You search the internet, you find this definition www.businessdictionary.com/definition/
Put simply, marketing means you promote service, goods to the customer. Then it is logical to think that if we want to attract people to be a buyer customer, we have to think of what the customers want and need. So Marketing, therefore, boils down to 2 simple things:
- What customers really want?
- What customer really need?
You know what customers want and need. Now, what? How will you be able to let a customer knows that you have the service, goods that they want and need? That’s where the marketing skills and strategy comes in. What medium of ads, platform will you use?
Here are 6 contents marketing ideas for the year 2017 for your business.
1. Start a video series
According to April 2016, Google and Nielson report, from 2015 to 2016, the amount of time spent on Youtube doubled.
Here are more statistics:
96% of B2B organizations are using video as part of their online marketing,
73%of marketers say that video positively affect their marketing results,
66% of education institutions are using video for remote teaching and
learning, the top 5 industries using video are software, marketing,
healthcare, non-profit and education, internet video to tv is predicted to increase 4x from 2014 to 2019, consumer view on demand(VoD) video is predicted to double. (Source: socialmediatoday.com)
No doubt, your customer, prospect buyer persona most certainly watch video online. You don’t want to miss the opportunity. Your aim is to create a video content series that not only entertain your customer but also provide valuable information to them.
Please remember these top 3 important things in doing video:
- Compelling Headline
- Think and understand which emotions make people share (like: wow, anger, amusement)
- Start a trend video-unique– in a sense that you are the first one who started the idea
2. Celebrate Chinese New
The holiday is the most economic and social events of the year in the Chinese culture. worldwide, one of every 6 people is Chinese descent. So when you are celebrating Chinese New Year, there are a lot of potential customers celebrating with you.
You might help with the following in making your Chinese New Year content:
- Describe the event’s history
- Show off fashion using red color
- Provide noodle recipes
- Provide how-to-make decoration articles.
Online classes are getting popular lately because of the following reasons:
- It saves the time of travel in going back and forth to a traditional classroom.
- Nowadays, you learn from the comfort of your home with just your laptop and internet connections.
- Teachers can teach their student new skills irrespective of locations.
You can build a strong customer relationship by delivering and offering online classes that help your customer learn new skills, for example. Udemy.com offer courses online and their business is built on this platform.
4.Create a checklist
Creating a checklist is a good way to present helpful and easy-to-share content. A simple money-saving tip, for example, will be very appreciated by your customer
5. Self-publish book
Michelin travel guide book is an excellent example of a content self-publish book.
Andre and Edouard Michelin tire company at the early stage of their business publish a travel guide book for French motorist.
A book included maps, a list of hotel, gas station locations and some simple tire and auto repair information.
The intention of the book is to encourage travel by car which in turn encourage to use of tires of which what Michelin are selling. A smart idea!
As you can see the book image above, the latest book cover, grow a well-known hotel and restaurant guide. You can use the same strategy for your business.
Good articles always encourage customer engagement and build trust. Most of the web visitors are looking and searching meatier contents in their search for valuable contents.
We are talking about 1,000 words or more. This makes visitors more engage and also good for search engine optimization(SEO). Good articles will always attract customer engagement and better conversion leads and in turn a buyer customer.
You don’t need to write yourself. You can hire someone, freelancer writer, researcher to put your ideas into words.
- Well written:
- Verifiable with no original research:
- it contains a list of all references (sources of information), presented in accordance with the layout style guideline;
- all in-line citations are from reliable sources, including those for direct quotations, statistics, published opinion, counter-intuitive or controversial statements that are challenged or likely to be challenged, and contentious material relating to living persons—science-based articles should follow the scientific citation guidelines;
- it contains no original research; and
- it contains no copyright violations nor plagiarism.
- Broad in its coverage:
- Neutral: it represents viewpoints fairly and without editorial bias, giving due weight to each.
- Stable: it does not change significantly from day to day because of an ongoing edit war or content dispute.
- Illustrated, if possible, by images:
Platform to Use for Ads:
There are varieties of platforms to choose from in regards to deciding what is perfectly right and effective for your marketing Ads. You have to try and test some of them, to name some popular one:
One thing to bear in mind is to think where your prospective customers are hanging out.
Are you up to 2017 content marketing challenge?
All the best in your marketing ideas 2017 implementation!
To your 2017 success,