Discover why QR code is as important as SEO. In Marketing?
What is QR?
QR stands for Quick Response code. A QR code consists of black squares arranged in a square grid on a white background, which can be read by an imaging device such as a camera, and processed using Reed–Solomon error correction until the image can be appropriately interpreted. QR is the trademark for a type of matrix barcode (or two-dimensional barcode) first designed for the automotive industry in Japan. A barcode is a machine-readable optical label that contains information about the item to which it is attached. A QR code uses four standardized encoding mode(numeric, alphanumeric, byte/binary, and kanji to efficiently store data; extensions may also be used.
QR code system was initially invented by subsidiary Toyota Denso Wave. It was developed in order to accelerate logistic processes for their automobile production. Gradually the system introduced and adopted in the US, Europe. The system is very effective and popular that it spread internationally.
a sample of my website accurateprinciple.com QR code generated by google. Scan to test. It will point you my web: accurateprinciple.com.
Uses of QR
Initially, it was used to track parts of automobile manufacturing, now much and a wider range of applications, including commercial tracking, entertainment, transport ticketing, product, and loyalty marketing. It uses in storing personal information. A good example of this is NBI( National Bureau of National Investigation), in the Philippines, where clearances, now, come with a QR code.
QR has a lot of uses nowadays even storing information about addresses and URLs. That’s why you can see and it appears in any magazines, on signs, on buses, on a business card and almost any objects that about which user may want some information.
Do you need QR code?
We all know that one of the keys of a great SEO is keeping our website updated, new and fresh. We do it by blogging, updating home page, post new products, offering discount coupons, etc… “I been doing this”, you may say. What does it have to do with QR on my website optimization? Let alone marketing?
As we have seen the explanation above, your buyer persona, usually mobile phone( which is the most targeted of the QR code system) can save time in finding you by scanning QR code when you add them to the following area:
- Print advertising
- TV ads
Be sure that you have all the information such as:
- Product details
- Contact number
- Offer details
- Events details
- Competition details
- A coupon
- Twitter, Facebook
- A link to your Youtube
More Practical use of QR code:
- The back (or front and back) of your business card.
- Your brochures and other marketing materials.
- The sides of trucks and trailers.
- Product tags and packaging
- Convention and event nametags
- Restaurant menus
- Event ticket stubs
- Point-of-sale receipts
So what else are the benefits of QR code in your business?
QR applications can also be used for:
- Sharing – while landing page and video are easily shared, an entire ebook can be shared by QR code.
- Community – sharing is how you build your community. That’s the arena where Facebook is popular with the likes button. Creating QR code to link to your facebook page like button.
- Calls to action – the next action after community is you need them to take action. Alternate offer by linking your QR code to your landing page or opt-in page for list building
- SEO – Objects such as images, video, music clips add value to your social graph. QR enhances your SEO and Social media optimization. Those searchable images increase traffic to your website.
- Social Proof – build your influence and expertise. Link your customer to your blog, facebook community group through QR code.
How to generate QR code
You can search the internet and find a lot of sites that not only offers to generate a QR code for you for FREE but also give you analytics services. Kaywa is an example. The website recommends the following:
- Point to a website that is optimized for mobile devices or else chose our coupons, contacts or your Facebook page.
- Surround the QR Code with a clear call to action, for example: “Scan to get our coupon! 10% off everything.”
- Use our “Design QR Code” creator, to instill life in your black and white QR Code. Brand your QR Code to make it stand out.
- Tell people to download your preferred reader and then to scan the code, for example: “To scan: download the Kaywa Reader from the App Store & Google Play“
You can also generate QR code using google. Here how you do it:
- Go to google search and search goo.gl
- It brings you to URl shortener page
- Open the Google URL Shortener link
- Put or copy your url in the Simplify your Link page
- Click the shorten your url button
- copy and paste your shorten url to google. It then generates the QR code for you.
- Or you can search Free QR code Generator on Google
How does cell phone read QR code?
I-nigma and others.
There are 5 important things to remember in using QR:
- Encourage customers – Invite a user to enter act with your QR code by placing a call to action like”scan the code” or “scan me” next to it.
- Design your QR code – upload your logo into your code. This will build trust and attract more buyer persona.
- Communicate the Added Value – Explain the benefits to your buyer persona from scanning your QR code such us ” Get 10% off by scanning this code now”
- How large it needs to be printed? – Print it at least 2 centimeters wide to ensure that everyone is able to scan it with any device and app. There is nothing worse than having a beautiful code and promising great content that does not work. It tarnishes your reputation. So test, test, test before you use it.
- Deliver value and user exceptional experience –What is most relevant is that you as the marketer are the one who gives the value of your codes. They are just tools, and how you use the tool determines the value derived from it. All these things and info regarding QR code will surely enhance your marketing strategy when done the right way. Take advantage of this technology.
To your progress and success,